Sunday, June 3, 2012

#20 The Road Trip

I've always wanted to journey cross country on a long road trip to experience the various regions of the US in their raw form. There's so much to see! Now that I'm out of school I have the time to travel but unfortunately, I'm still under budget constraints to take such a trip. I did get an opportunity for a (mini) road trip up to Bend, Oregon! Driving up north through plain golden brown California was not a new occurrence for me (since I went to PUC and made that drive often), but driving past Mt. Shasta and the Oregon border was a new and exciting experience! Oregon is so green! We got to Bend, which is outdoor heaven, and filled the very limited non-rainy days with outdoorsy activities: mountain biking & canoeing. The rest of the days were filled with touring breweries, movies, and (tax free) shopping.

"I use antlers in all my decorating!" 
I felt like I was staying at Gaston's place

Complete with a pond & mermaids 

 Mountain biking on Whoops trail! Such an adrenaline rush!!!

Panoramic view from the top of the Phil's Trail

Then off to some night canoeing at Three Sisters

Silvery moonlight on Elk Lake

Old St. Francis Theater for dinner and a movie

Panoramic of the beautiful greenery of Oregon!

Panoramic on the trip back, the sky was gorgeous! 





5 comments:

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello!
After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
"International Directory Blogspot" is made of thousend of blogs from 135 countries. If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
I think this community could also interest you.
We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
Regards
Chris
I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
To find out more about us, click on the link below:
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

The Beachcomber said...

Looking good, sis. Glad to still be able to share in some of your adventures. God bless!

Mai said...

Super-packed trip!!! We should road trip together sometime!!! :)

Sean said...

I still have a dream of road-tripping across America. Someday. . .perhaps when the boys are little older.

Mariusz from Nowy Sacz said...

Piękne zdjęcia z pieknego miejsca. Szkoda, że nie kontynuujesz :(
Pozdrowienia z dalekiej zimowej Polski
i życzenia
Wspaniałego Nowego Roku!
http://kwm-nowysacz.blogspot.com/