Sunday, June 3, 2012

#20 The Road Trip

I've always wanted to journey cross country on a long road trip to experience the various regions of the US in their raw form. There's so much to see! Now that I'm out of school I have the time to travel but unfortunately, I'm still under budget constraints to take such a trip. I did get an opportunity for a (mini) road trip up to Bend, Oregon! Driving up north through plain golden brown California was not a new occurrence for me (since I went to PUC and made that drive often), but driving past Mt. Shasta and the Oregon border was a new and exciting experience! Oregon is so green! We got to Bend, which is outdoor heaven, and filled the very limited non-rainy days with outdoorsy activities: mountain biking & canoeing. The rest of the days were filled with touring breweries, movies, and (tax free) shopping.

"I use antlers in all my decorating!" 
I felt like I was staying at Gaston's place

Complete with a pond & mermaids 

 Mountain biking on Whoops trail! Such an adrenaline rush!!!

Panoramic view from the top of the Phil's Trail

Then off to some night canoeing at Three Sisters

Silvery moonlight on Elk Lake

Old St. Francis Theater for dinner and a movie

Panoramic of the beautiful greenery of Oregon!

Panoramic on the trip back, the sky was gorgeous! 





4 comments:

The Beachcomber said...

Looking good, sis. Glad to still be able to share in some of your adventures. God bless!

Mai said...

Super-packed trip!!! We should road trip together sometime!!! :)

Sean said...

I still have a dream of road-tripping across America. Someday. . .perhaps when the boys are little older.

Unknown said...

Piękne zdjęcia z pieknego miejsca. Szkoda, że nie kontynuujesz :(
Pozdrowienia z dalekiej zimowej Polski
i życzenia
Wspaniałego Nowego Roku!
http://kwm-nowysacz.blogspot.com/