Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Helper Catalyst

I love long weekends. So thankfully I'm in Saipan because we had Monday off school because it was Citizenship Day. Sunday was pretty productive and relaxing. Woke up early and went for a morning run on Beach Path (all the way to Quartermaster Street!), which was good apart from the "I think I'm going to throw up" feeling. After chilling in the ocean, we came home hungry for some banana pancakes, but we were all too lazy. I said I'd make them even though I've never done it before. To make the story short, we enjoyed a very yummy breakfast despite my deformed pancakes. Plus, I got a phone call from down under, which made my day!

I couldn't sleep in at all Monday morning. When I finally rolled out of bed around 7am, Judith and I really didn't want to sit around the house all day. I suggested going for a walk. She suggested using the ghetto bikes in our room. Then the word beach. Then Micro Beach. Genius! So we left our roommates a note saying we couldn't sleep in and biked to Micro Beach. Meet us there and bring the truck (so we don't have to bike back). It was pretty spur of the moment. Made me realize that I'm a catalyst after all. Our plan was to walk to school to pump up the tires, but on the walk there, Pastor Eliki and family gave us a ride to the tire shoppe. We were good to go and with only a few stops (for drinks and photo ops), we were there in no time! We bathed and burned in the sun, frolicked in the water, and soon Mai came to our rescue. The three of us then headed to Coffee Care and enjoyed a delicious lunch!
On our road, the start of our adventure

The view from Coffee Care

6 comments:

Mai said...

What a great day!

Unknown said...

jess, you're so dark! everyone here is just getting more and more pastey. hahaha

Sean said...

Whoa, whoa. . TWO posts in the same month. Jess, I think you're on a roll! Whoo-hoo!

Great pictures. Looks like a perfect day. You're biking adventure sure was more peaceful than the one Grant and I took last November.

Bev said...

Let me know if you guys go on another bike ride. I'll meet up with you by the tank on Quartermaster Rd! Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME BLOG!!

Unknown said...

new post jess! hahaha... lets see some pictures =D